Thank you for referring to The Skin Cancer Doctor. We endeavour to work in collaboration with local GPs in each location we visit and value your continued partnership.
Referrals and photos can be sent submitted here or emailed to email@example.com
Our presence encourages community members to have a regular annual skin check, and as many of our clinics are spaced three months apart, we are happy to refer simple excisions and skin cancer treatment back to local GPs for ongoing treatment of their patients.
Receiving a comprehensive referral with the below entailed items, ensures enough time is allocated to treat each patient’s presenting concern on the day, avoids unnecessary costs for patients, and enables us to manage our time effectively throughout each day.
We request the following photos of the suspect lesion, This can often be delegated to your Registered Nurse if time constraints are an issue.
1. The lesion
– This does NOT need to be dermoscopic.
– Please ensure all facial lesions are not covered by makeup, & that hair is
pulled back from the face gently.
2. Medial, lateral, & anterior OR posterior photos of the
anatomical position (see images for example)
3. Anticipated surgical margin/excision plan
– This is not essential though is appreciated
– This also counts as pre-counselling for your patient’s excision
4. Where possible, we ask that biopsies be taken prior to your
patient’s appointment with us.